Weekend Comes .. Weekend Goes

Saturday

Yom Kippur began on Friday at 6:55 p.m. My fast lasted til 4:30 on Saturday .. not bad.

But instead of atoning I went for a mani/pedi. As a good friend said there's no reason not to look good while you're atoning.


Have you ever had wraps? Or a glue manicure?

I have and let me tell you this enslaves you on top of costing a lot of time and some $$. A week or so ago I decided to stop .. go cold turkey ... let the glue - seriously, they use this powder and sprinkle it on your nails and then add Crazy Glue YES Crazy Glue and it makes this coating on your nails and they become bionic .. but you gotta go get 'em administered to weekly.

I have no intention of discontinuing my infamous beautification Saturdays but I am saying No to glue.

Where was I?

Oh ... finished being pampered and I thought maybe Lissette could take me a little early .. she couldnt so its really her fault.

It looked overcast when I went to kill 20 minutes in Westside .. sharp cheddar, 'homemade' tuna salad, red grapes, chips and what perported to be papadam .. they arent .. I walk out of Westside to see its pouring .. and I have on patent leather SigersonMorrison 'flipflops' and I am carrying my beloved red Carla Mancini bag! I decide its easier to go home and get an umbrella than to go to Curl Up & Dye and hope it stops raining before my hair is done.

By the time I got home I was soaked and cold and not happy .. I dried off .. cleaned up and headed back out .. umbrella'd and Havaiana flipflops ready to wade the crosswalks.

It was still drizzling when Lissette sent me back out with my hair kickin' .. by the time I got home again my hair was draggin' .. have I mentioned I am hair obsessed? Out came the CURLING Iron ..



Dont you wish when you used a hair dryer or curling iron or one of those Chi flat irons that you had a third or fourth arm? Or a pro to do it for you .. Exactly!

A friend of mine emailed this link to her niece and nephew's website lingolook.net



FLASHCARDS for travelers! Check it out.



SUNDAY

Its FALL .. of course only technically since its still humid and very un-fall like .. I am going to the GreenFlea today with an actual purpose in mind .. last weekend this very clever vendor was back .. they do decoupage on coasters, tray tables, tissue box covers among other things AND tiles. I LOVE tiles. For a while I collected them, someday I'll tell you about my tile and kitsch-y coffee mug collections .. I ordered a 4 inch square tile with the map of NJ - specifically the Cape May area.


Why Cape May? Because that's where I am going next weekend and I wanted to give my hostess something clever.

I think this is a clever, inexpensive ($6.00!) and personal way of saying thanks or congrats or whatever .. On The Fringe doesnt have a website - yet - but you can contact Wendy Howard at wendyola@aol.com .. she's a honey.







I also got to spend a few minutes with my friend and jewelry designer Vera Battemarco and drool over her new designs ..












Here are a couple of other interesting booths at the flea





And of course there were all the restaurants on Amsterdam on a sunny delightfully temperate Sunday .. Sarabeth's always has a wait .. look at these people standing around waiting to go in and sit and eat .. while on the opposite side of the street one restaurant after the other has outdoor seating.