SUPERTAGGED?!


Deck the Halls MEME foistered upon me by the oh so good Flea ... SUPERTAGGED me ... as if tagging me was not enuf. So here goes:

Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Are you ready for a peek into who I am? Well a very well kept secret until now is that in addition to liking fruit cake, I adore egg nog even the kind that comes in a milk carton. I can have hot chocolate anytime but egg nog .. once a year

Does Santa wrap presents or set them under the tree? Santa leaves nicely wrapped presents from others to us on top of the chest that has been temporarily in front of the (non working) fire place for about 7 years (NO I am not exaggerating, I am a fucking saint), the menorah resides on the mantle just above/behind it.

Stuff I send gets wrapped in tissue paper and Fedex pax .. or tissued in a pretty seasonally appropriate color/themed gift bag



Colored lights on tree or white? If I had a tree there would be no lights or icicles .. just whimsical truly goyish decorations and popcorn ..

When do you put your decorations up? Cards go on the mantle as they arrive and they along with the menorah is it for me. I might dust .. and every so often I rearrange them. Lets face it some cards are prettier and deserve a better position on the mantle ... so if you want to be up there next to the menorah, don't send me a kitten in a Santa hat.


What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Egg nog pie

Favorite Holiday memory as a child: Watching Miracle on 34th Street on Million Dollar Movie every time it played over the holiday weekend. I guess it was about 50 times... we, my sister and I, watched Yankee Doodle Dandy even more times but that isnt a Christmas memory .. I threw it in for extra credit.

When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? Truth?

Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? No. We pretend to be gentile and open gifts on Christmas morning ...

How do you decorate your Christmas tree? I don't even have a Christmas cactus. But if my Italian friends do a tree I am there decorating

Snow! Love it or Dread it? I love the idea of snow, the walking in it not so much

Can you ice skate? Of course I can .. even a klutz can occasionally surprise



Do you remember your favorite gift? Every gift is my favorite, til I open the next one. I am that shallow

What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you?
Shallow answer: Presents!
PC answer: Family

What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? egg nog pie

What is your favorite tradition? Getting presents

Which do you prefer, Giving or Receiving? I strictly observe the ancient custom: 1 for them, 1 for me.

What is your favorite Christmas Song? The Christmas Song .. you know: Chestnuts roasting on an open fire, Jack Frost nipping at your nose ...

Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum? In moderation YUM

Ever recycled a Christmas present? Moi?

That was fun-ish ... Anyone who wants to do this please do.. as a gift to you all I am not tagging anyone.