willow interviews me

The charming Willow of Willow Manor was interviewed by Steph at Incurable Insomniac . Then Willow offered to interview anyone who left 'interview' in their comment.

Being shy and retiring, I did.

In fact that may have been my comment.

She sent me the following questions to answer ..

1. If you called me on the phone, could I immediately recognize your New York accent? I do not have a NewYawk accent. I am not from Brooklyn, Queens or Longuyland. I grew up in da Bronx but have lived more of my life in Manhattan. So, no you would not recognize my 'accent' but you'd know it was me by caller ID or just my fashionable attitude.

2. Your photos are wonderful. Thank you. How did you get your start in photography and what kind of camera do you use? I started taking photos was because I couldn't paint what I saw the way I saw it. I wanted my paintings to be perfect replicas of what I was seeing but I was not talented enough. At some point I realized I was able to do that with a camera and so I do. I use an Olympus Stylus 720SW .. which BTW I thought I lost last night .. I am happy to report I found it in my desk at the office although I have no idea how it got there (it likely fell out of my bag into the drawer).

3. It's intriguing that you are a vegetarian, and yet don't cook much. I don't cook at all if I can help it. I did cook, a lot, when we were first married. I cooked, I baked, I was such a wife. Do you eat a lot of takeout? I do. I often bring home something from the office cafeteria or stop to pick up something on the way home from the office. I am lucky that we live between Zabars and Fairway. What is your favorite? Zabar's tuna salad on their amazing seeded rye bread.

4. What is your greatest regret? Ah .. well .. there are a few ... but I think the biggest is - this is a hard question, Willow - okay. I am sorry that I wasnt there when my dad died.

5. What is your motto? Umm ... be prepared


Here's the directions:
1. Leave me a comment saying, "Interview me."
2. I will respond by emailing you five questions. (I get to pick the
questions).
3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview
someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask
them five questions.