its monday again

I was feeling sad
 this morning
 thinking 
that
 I didnt get to the Staten Island Ferry
 on Friday
 that
 it was my 
next
 to
 last 
Fridaycation

 tho
 really
 its my last 

everyone
 has this coming Friday off 

I was walking from the subway to the office
 when someone called out 
Hey Miss Daryl
 it was one of the guys from our mailroom 
he and I exchanged back to work greetings
 he asked how I had enjoyed the summer 
I explained how sad I was
 no more Fridaycations 
he pointed out
 that this coming weekend
 was 
actually
 a 4 day weekend
we have Monday off

  oh boy 
did I ever perk up

 made me telling you about the weekend
 less sad 

 my 'keratin'ing' of the hair was successful
 a mere 2 hours
 after
it was done
 I sweated up a storm
 my hair is not frizzy
 its a little too flat right now 
nevertheless
I am happy 

Zhen combing in the goop

 adding heat 

 bride of frankenstein look

finally smooth and sleek

Zhen
an artist at Brazilian Blow Outs 
(doesnt that sound like a big sale event?)
was also pleasant to spend time with Saturday

I walked over to Park Avenue
 after
 I was done 
to get photos
 of
 Niki de Saint Phalle's 
wildly colorful mosaic statues
 along 
the Park Avenue Mall
 from 50th to 60th Streets

this is 
maybe 
my favorite
its part of a threesome called
Les Trois Graces


but 
my favorite shot of the day
 was taken when I headed home
walking up Madison Avenue


why?
because
its 
so very Madison Avenue
so very New York City

Have a great week
I'm going to!