stuff and nonsense





took friday off 
of course
 that made me think
 saturday was sunday

 usually
 that sort of kerfuffle 
happens at the end of may
 when my fridaycations begin

this year 
passover and easter happen simultaneously
 with 
good friday and the first night of passover
 on the same day/evening

 we dont really celebrate passover 
tho



 i always buy a small box of matzoh 
occasionally
 i indulge with a log of sweet gefilte fish


 some strong red horseradish
 i like both 
tho 
not more than once a year

  speaking of food
 notice the graceful segue
 i came across a website called






they take veggies like 
sweet potato beets zucchini carrots rutabaga turnip 
run them through a pasta maker
 so they become long noodles 
but 
there's no gluten involved

 so far
 i have had the zucchini not bad but not as good as the sweet potato
 i still have the beet to try 
they have a 14 day from purchase freshness guarantee
 by the way
 no one paid me
 or 
gave me free samples
 to say nice things about 

found them 
on my own
 bought them
 decided they were yummy enough
 to tell you about
 tho 
i am sure there are those among you 
who could make these noodles yourself
 not me 

i thought about taking a photo
 last night
 after i finished the easy prep they need 
but
 no
 i ate the whole mess
 without stopping
 for a photograph 

anyway
 yum

the apple photo beta program
 i have been participating in
 must be coming close to roll out 
because 
there were two upgrades this past week 
causing me to have duplicate photos 
not a function of the upgrade 
so much
 as it being due
 to
 my impatience
 and 
emailing myself photos
 that didnt automatically 
populate 
photo app on my iMac 
with 
photos taken on my iphone 
and
 vice verse 
if i ever do another beta test
 i will remember
 patience is necessary 

another
 interesting to me 
outcome of the near completion of the beta
is that my weather app
 now adjusts
 the date on the weather 
to match the meta date on the photo

 being me
 i found a way round it
 i know none of this is stuff you care about 
so
 i won't explain it here 
if you care to know email me

what else 

errands on friday
 after the dermatologist appointment
 which was illuminating
 i learned
we dont just lose fat in our faces
 we also lose bone 

 those no longer full cheeks
 are gone
 because of both
not just one

 that is
 if you ever had a full face 
i didnt
 tho 
my cheek bones are less prominent 

i walked a lot on friday
 almost a much as i do 
when i am at the office
 thats almost 3 miles a day 
with no effort exerted at all 

saturday
i walked even more
 having to do a few more errands 
i didnt do 
 because 
it was raining friday

saturday
 was dry
oh my good golly
 it was cold
 there was a wind 
that was strong enough
 to make you feel
you could be knocked over 
at some intersections
 like
 west end avenue
 a wind tunnel
 even on slightly windy days
 icy cold to boot
 brrr

 sunday
 marked the first day of easter




 sunny wind free with temps
 teasing
 of
 real spring
but
 not quite making it all the way

lets hope this week we finally make it to spring for real